Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A beautiful mess...

As I've had some time to hike through the countryside it has dawned on me that I have given up something exceptional to come here.
Fall in Utah.  Not just the changing of colors on the mountains in my backyard or my favorite tree on the street to my house, but Halloween and Thanksgiving.
The season has begun here.  The leaves are changing and the air is growing crisp and cool.  As we walked through Ambleside and again today in Kent I could smell Autumn in the air.  On one of our numerous stops we found a place selling rather small pumpkins, the first I've seen since they don't really celebrate Halloween here the way Americans do.  I wanted to carry one all the way home with me.

Today marked our halfway point.  Like I said before, it is bittersweet.

Someone carve a pumpkin for me... and eat my slice of pie.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I know how you feel! There is practically no changing of the season in Hawaii and I am desperate for some leaves to crunch under foot. But there will always be fall in Utah for you. Fall in England will be harder to come by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nikki, its okay. fall will be here year after year. you are in england. live it up!

    ps. not going to lie, i am happy you are halfway done. i am making schedules into the middle of november right now. i love it.

    ReplyDelete