Thursday, October 7, 2010

Trying to keep up.


In Stratford Upon Avon at the hall of fame with my boyfriend Kenneth Branagh.
Kew Gardens.  This place had temperature controlled glasshouses with plants and trees from all over the world.  

NEWS:
Last night I was looking through my dear friend Sara's "London Calling" blog from two years ago and two things occurred to me:
1. Sara kept a better blog than me and I'm jealous so I'm going to try harder on mine.
2. Now that I can relate to her pictures and experiences the dates on all of them have a lot more of an affect on me. Her time seemed to fly by and it sort of freaked me out.

Last week in Stratford Upon Avon at Anne Hathoway's home.

WEDNESDAY DAY TRIP:
Our day trip yesterday was to Glastonbury, Stourhead, and Bath. We have seriously lucked out with the weather on these trips. Other than the rain at Kew Gardens last week it has been sunny skies. At Glastonbury we visited the abbey ruins and saw the burial spot of King Arthur. Years ago some archeologists found the remains of Arthur and Guinevere on the Isle of Avalon. We also hiked up the Tor and looked out over the entire area. It was the most beautiful landscape I've ever seen.

Stourhead is the equivalent of a Jane Austen landscape and it is no wonder they filmed part of the Kiera Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo83r2C4lU8
While all the girls were being proposed to by our professor's 15 yr old son, Sarah and I were proposing to each other and I got to slap Ben.


In Bath we visited the Roman baths and went to the assembly rooms. Bath deserved a whole days visit, not just over an hour. I hope we go back on a weekend because it is a really neat place.  Plus my camera died so I don't have any good pics of the place.

Tomorrow we're going to the Keat's house.  Can't wait.  You all know how I feel about him.  Monday we head up North for the week.  I don't know what we're doing up there other than they're dropping us off in Liverpool on Saturday.

Thanks for reading!  Miss you all!


2 comments:

  1. I love this post so MUCH! What cool pictures. Ben is SUCH a great sport, haha! Sarah looks like an earnest suitor. Score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures! And I totally have a crush on Kenneth Branaugh (sp?)

    ReplyDelete